In my previous post, I have shared about my experience having the first virtual event. You can read here, if not yet 🙂
In this article, I am going to share few healthy steps which helps you to go live.
Step 1:- Basic plan
- Choose a Date and Time
- Choose an activity
- Name of your event/meetup
- Choose a Photo to post on meetup.com or other Social Media Channels.
Step 2:- Choose Paltform
- While selecting the platform, please consider, the number of participants you expecting
- The time limits for the event
- I used “Zoom” for instance. It helped us for a small or a limited audience and provides a free account to manage 100 audience for 45 mins with a single link. But, keep in mind, it will disconnect as soon as the times up. (Pro plan has unlimited access to time and audience.)
- But there are other options as well, which you can select as per your requirement.
- Schedule the event and create an account with selected platform
Step 3:- Describe your event/Meetup
- Describe the details about the meetup and what excites you to host this meetup/event
- Also, include some fun activities or how people get ready to join
Step 4:- Share
Share the word on meetup group as well as on social media platforms. Do not miss to use #event-name when sharing your post.
Step 5:- Meet
- Get yourself online early before the time
- Introduce yourself as a host or your co-host if they are with you
- Share basic idea/agenda for the event/meetup
If there’s any Speaker, who is going to have a talk:-
- Introduce your speaker by name and short description about him/her
- Share what he/she is going to cover in this talk
- Topic title
- Time duration
- Finally, Q/A round, give few minutes to audience if they have any questions for speaker.
- Ask your speaker to get prepare with the presentation slides
- Including, name, social media sharing, topic title
- If possible, request everyone to turn on Video, at least when they speaks. It feels more interesting. 🙂
- Take lots of pictures or recording if possible
Pre-record the speaker video and live at the event time. That helps audience to get back to the video later as well. 🙂
Also, at the time of an event, speaker may stay online, and if there’s any questions from audience, he/she can answer. 🙂
Step 6:- After event
Your work did not finish here:
- Create a Google Photo Album
- Share this Album to social media with thanking note for speaker, attendees. Also, the brief about the event.
- Share your personal experience, how you have been enjoyed being a host.
- Ask your attendees to share their feedbacks as well. (Do not worry about negative feedbacks if any, they are the source of your improvements. 🙂 )
I hope, this article helps you a little to get started with your first online event. Thank you for your time. 🙂
You know, it says, “ज्ञान बाटने से बढ़ता है” means – “Knowledge increases through sharing”
If you ever have organised an event like this for the first time. I would love to hear your experience/learnings as well. Share your story in comment below:-
Be Safe, Happy, Healthy, and Keep WordPressing!!!